If you have a question that is not answered below please phone us and we will gladly assist you.
What are your office hours?
- The main office is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- The therapy division is open from 7am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
How do I make an appointment?
- For the main office please call us at: 510.297.0550
- For the therapy division please call us at: 510.895.5511
What languages are spoken in your office?
- Dr. Stein and Dr. Franko both speak some medical Spanish and we have receptionists who speak Spanish and Tagolog as well. If you do not speak English we recommend that you bring someone with you to translate.
How quickly can I get an appointment?
- Dr. Stein and Dr. Franko both try to accommodate all urgent visits on the same day or the following day.
How long will my appointment take?
- We request that new patients arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time so that we can get you registered. The actual appointment normally lasts approximately 30 minutes.
If I need surgery, what would the cost be?
- One of our medical assistants will contact your insurance company, once you have been seen, and determine what your out-of-pocket costs might be, if any, before you schedule the procedure. If you do not have insurance, please see our cash prices listed here.
Do you file state disability forms?
- We have the forms in our office and we charge $10.00 to fill out the form and file it for you.
Do you accept Worker’s Compensation cases and can your office file a worker’s compensation claim on my behalf?
- Yes, Dr. Stein and Dr. Franko both have years of experience dealing with worker’s compensation cases. Dr. Stein has previously been a Qualified Medical Evaluator.
- Yes, we can file a doctor’s first report of occupational injury or illness form for you, which you can then submit to your employer, and a claim will be established.
Do you accept assignment for Medicare?
- Yes, both Dr. Stein and Dr. Franko are participating providers in the Medicare program.
How can I get my medication refilled?
- Medication refills are made during business hours by the office staff and in certain cases on an emergency basis after hours. We have a medication refill line that you can call to request a refill, and the message will be responded to promptly. You can also contact your local pharmacy and have them submit a refill request to our office by either telephone or fax. To reach the medication refill line please call: 510. 297. 0550 and press 6.
When am I expected to pay my copay?
- Co-pays are due at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard.
Do you have x-ray facilities?
- Dr. Stein and Dr. Franko both use a flouroscan machine, which emits a fraction of the radiation used to take a regular x-ray, and the results are instantaneous. If additional x-rays are required, the Urgent Care on the first floor of our building can perform same-day imaging without an appointment.
Do you permit audio, video, or photographic recording of patient visits and surgery?
- We believe that recording devices interfere with the patient-doctor relationship. Recording of your clinical visit or surgery is not permitted and can only be done with prior authorization. However, you are entitled to all notes, photographs, or x-ray images upon request.