If you have a question that is not answered below please phone us and we will gladly assist you.
What are your office hours?
- The main office is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- The therapy division is open from 7am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
How do I make an appointment?
- For the main office please call us at: 510.297.0550
- For the therapy division please call us at: 510.895.5511
What languages are spoken in your office?
- Dr. Stein speaks some medical Spanish and we have a receptionist who speaks Spanish as well. If you do not speak English we recommend that you bring someone with you to translate.
How quickly can I get an appointment?
- Dr. Stein tries to accommodate all urgent visits on the same day or the following day.
How long will my appointment take?
- We request that you arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time so that we can get you registered. The actual appointment normally lasts approximately 30 minutes.
If I need surgery, what would the cost be?
- One of our medical assistants will contact your insurance company, once you have been seen, and determine what your out-of-pocket costs might be, if any, before you schedule the procedure.
Do you file state disability forms?
- We have the forms in our office and we charge $10.00 to fill out the form and file it for you.
Do you accept Worker’s Compensation cases and can your office file a worker’s compensation claim on my behalf?
- Yes, Dr. Stein has over 16 years of experience dealing with worker’s compensation cases and is a Qualified Medical Evaluator.
- Yes, we can file a doctor’s first report of occupational injury or illness form for you, which you can then submit to your employer, and a claim will be established.
Do you accept assignment for Medicare?
- Yes, Dr. Stein is a participating provider in the Medicare program.
How can I get my medication refilled?
- Medication refills are made during business hours by the office staff and in certain cases on an emergency basis after hours. We have a medication refill line that you can call to request a refill, and the message will be responded to promptly. You can also contact your local pharmacy and have them submit a refill request to our office by either telephone or fax. To reach the medication refill line please call: 510. 297. 0550 and press 6.
When am I expected to pay my copay?
- Co-pays are due at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard.
Do you have x-ray facilities?
- Dr. Stein uses a flouroscan machine, which emits a fraction of the radiation used to take a regular x-ray, and the results are instantaneous.
Do you permit audio, video, or photographic recording of patient visits and surgery?
- We believe that recording devices interfere with the patient-doctor relationship. Recording of your clinical visit or surgery is not permitted and can only be done with prior authorization. However, you are entitled to all notes, photographs, or x-ray images upon request.